Zoomerang has a wealth of information available to help you collect the actionable data you need and analyze the results. You can find a new Zoomerang Survey Tip each day on Twitter which are designed to help make your survey experience a success.
To help keep you up to date, I have compiled the survey tips from the last week for easier reference and I will be posting an update weekly.
– Weigh the benefits of allowing respondents to be anonymous or identifiable. In some cases allowing people to remain anonymous will allow people to respond more candidly; if your respondents are to be anonymous you will be unable to follow up or match “pre” or “post” surveys
– The closer your relationship is to respondents i. e. employees the less impact mandatory questions have on drop-off rate
– At the end of your customer survey be sure to ask if they would like somebody to follow up with them
– For employee surveys a letter to respondents from CEO/GM will help communicate the importance of responding
– Determine the effectiveness of your web site – Deploy a Web Site Content Survey
You can find compiled lists of the previous Survey Tip of the Days as well as additional online survey tips and suggestions here at the Zoomerang blog as well as links to helpful Zoomerang tutorials and Zoomerang webinars.
Be sure to follow Zoomerang on Twitter if you would like to view the Survey Tip each day. You can also add the Zoomerang blog to your RSS feed or bookmark the site to get the weekly recap. If you have any survey tips you would like to share leave me a comment or send me an email, Zoomerang is all about sharing knowledge.