Zoomerang has a wealth of information available to help you collect the actionable data you need and analyze the results. You can find a new Zoomerang Survey Tip each day on Twitter which are designed to help make your survey experience a success.
To help keep you up to date, I have compiled the survey tips from the last week for easier reference and I will be posting an update weekly.
– A targeted follow-up survey may help reveal causes of negative responses from employees working in the same dept
– Keep respondents moving at a quick pace through the survey by mixing up the easier questions with more difficult ones
– Sample size can often make or break your results – If the sample is not large enough results may be inaccurate
– Your customers’ time is valuable so don’t ask for more than 10 minutes of it when you invite them to complete your survey
– When building a survey results graph choose the graph that best illustrates your results: A line graph is great for showing trends or specific data values; A bar graph makes for easy comparisons; A pie graph is best for seeing how something is divided among different groups
You can find compiled lists of the previous Survey Tip of the Days as well as additional online survey tips and suggestions here at the Zoomerang blog as well as links to helpful Zoomerang tutorials and Zoomerang webinars.
Be sure to follow Zoomerang on Twitter if you would like to view the Survey Tip each day. You can also add the Zoomerang blog to your RSS feed or bookmark the site to get the weekly recap. If you have any survey tips you would like to share leave me a comment or send me an email, Zoomerang is all about sharing knowledge.